Sunday, September 30, 2007

I'm done taking things personally.

Really - why must everyone take things so personally all the time? I now I'm "guilty" of it. I take most things personally, when I know that I shouldn't, and that it doesn't necessarily make sense - waste of mind - making so many assumptions. Does he/she think I'm pretty? If he/she does, does he/she think I'm more pretty than "most"? If they do not, or - if I happen to think that they do not, then I feel devastated, worthless, stupid. . . you get the idea.

So I'm starting a new thought today - don't take things personally. Don't try and assume you know what a person's actions are for, why they did what they did, what they meant by what they said/did, etc. It does no good. So, don't take it personally. When you start to feel offended, remember - it's not personal. It's not about me - it's about them - when someone says you're this or you're that, that is that person's opinion. It is only an opinion, and it does not define you as a person. You define you as a person - you are the only one who truly knows who YOU are. And it's the same for everyone else. So don't try and CONVINCE people of things, because they've got their own opinoins, and you wouldn't want them to CONVINCE you of things, either.

It's not personal, so don't take it personally. Let it go. Don't read into things. Don't make assumptions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home