Wednesday, May 03, 2006

"I was just being silly!"

Something I've recently noticed about Fiancee:

Whenever he says or does something that offends me or happens to rub me the wrong way, he claims he was "Just being silly!"

I haven't decided what this means yet.

Example:

I was in the small bathroom in our one-bedroom apartment, and he walks into the bathroom with a smug look on his face. I wait. He says, "Where's your watch?" (He just bought me a Nike watch that I had been wanting for quite some time. Before he bought it, he asked me if this would be a shelf watch, or a watch that I would actually wear. I said I would wear it.)

I look up on the bathroom shelf, and see that the watch is missing.

"Where'd you put my watch?"

An even more smug look grows on his face.

He says, "I thought you were going to wear it!"

(This is where I sigh and wonder why I am living with this guy while he is still growing up from boyhood. Some things you just don't say!)

I explain that I have been wearing his gift to me, and that I had taken it off the night before after my bath, and that I had no reason to put it back on, as I was going to bed.

He takes the watch out of its little hiding place (a small hidden drawer), and gives it to me. With another smug look, I might add.

I decide that I'm pissed, and put the watch into its case, and walk into the living room, where he's watching anime. (Which happens to be another irritant of mine. He watches anime religiously.)

I place the box onto the couch beside him, and announce, "If you don't want me to have this watch, take it back." And I walk swiftly into the other room.

He plays dumb, and asks me what's wrong, and I tell him that I am not a child, and if he wants to give me a gift, he should not give me conditions for using the gift, or instruct me how I should use it.

He says -- "I was just being silly!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home