Sunday, May 28, 2006

Men in the workplace

Fiancee works with four other guys at work in one of the better departments in a grocery store. About a month and a half ago, his manager was basically forced to leave his department, and another was hired. The new manager has been on Patrick's ass ever since. I always figure there are reasons for people treating other people badly, and I like to find out what those reasons are.

Men want to compete with and ultimately, be better than the man next to him. So when you're in the same boat with another man, and the man next to you is better off than you, or is ahead of the game, that man then has to somehow make you seem worse off than he actually is.

I mean, come on. All the guys that Fiancee works with are six to ten years older than he is, with kids and mortgages to pay, and they have the same job as Fiancee. If I were the men working next to Fiancee, I would certainly feel like a failure, or at least question my success as a person.

But nothing changes the fact that it was their choice to choose the job that they have, and start a family the way that they did. They way I see it, these men are sore losers, and they can't deal with it.

But that doesn't change the fact that we all have to co-exist, and that means even if the man next to you is being difficult, you have to make it work. So I'm still thinking on how one would make something like this work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home